Management Know-How Programme
From August 2010, the Management Know-How suite of courses replaces the TIFES training sessions, and SDDU is pleased to provide details of the forthcoming sessions.
The Management Know-How Programme comprises a series of short sessions aimed at giving leaders/managers some practical information based on legislation, policies and procedures in a range of people-management topics covering the following areas:
- Managing Performance (Incorporating Probation)
- Recruitment & Selection (Incorporating Induction)
- Wellbeing, the Manager's Role
- Equality & Diversity Briefing for Leaders and Managers
- Health & Safety Briefing for Leaders and Managers
- Training & Development (available as an online articulate presentation accessible from 1 October 2010)
- Managing Staff on Fixed Term Contracts (contact your local HR manager)
The information in these sessions underpins the longer skills-based courses in leadership and management offered by SDDU, and can be a good introduction for those new to leadership/management or a refresher for those who want to stay abreast of current practice.
For further information and dates of forthcoming events visit http://www.leeds.ac.uk/sddu/leadership/LM_know_how.html; alternatively, visit Management Know-How ProgrammePosted in: University news