Update on our Climate Plan – November 2022 to February 2023
The latest update on the University of Leeds’ Climate Plan shows that we are making good progress against our ambitious goals.
This update reports on progress against our seven key climate principles, including delivering Net Zero by 2030, achieving sustainable travel, supporting a Net Zero City, reorienting research and teaching, and providing a sustainable curriculum.
Highlights for the last quarter include:
- Significant progress towards preparing our campus for Net Zero, including installing LED lighting in university residences, tree planting at Gair Wood and researching offsite renewable generation.
- A 7.3% cut in Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions compared with last year.
- Issuing a tender for EV charging point installation and plans for a sustainable travel survey.
- Working with partners including Leeds Climate Commission, Yorkshire and Humber Climate Commission and Climate Action Leeds to further our Net Zero City ambitions.
- Commencing phase 2 of the Subsurface Net Zero project via Geosolutions Leeds.
- Beginning three new mini projects as part of our Sustainable Curriculum agenda.
For more details, check the Climate Plan Update – November 2022 to February 2023.Posted in: University news