Security reminder | Working on campus
An email sent to all staff by Dennis Hopper on Friday 27 May.
As you may be aware, we are experiencing occupations in three locations across campus by a small number of what we understand to be student protestors. The locations have been secured and the situation is being managed locally to avoid disruption to working practices. Nonetheless, as a precautionary measure, I would like to remind you of a few points of good housekeeping that we should all seek to observe at all times.
Please remember to:
- Lock papers and files away wherever possible.
- Lock office doors when you leave – even if only for a few minutes.
- Lock laptops or devices whenever you leave them unattended.
- Keep ground floor windows closed whenever possible.
- Be aware of people ‘tailgating’ when entering or exiting through locked doors.
- Never prop open security or fire doors.
- Look out for anyone trying to access a building, especially if they look unfamiliar.
If you have any concerns, please call Security on extension 32222 (or 0113 3432222 from a mobile).
Thank you for your assistance whilst we seek to resolve the situation.
Interim Chief Operating OfficerPosted in: University newsAll Staff EmailIndustrial Action 2021/22Student education