Changes to parking on campus
Free car parking on campus will end on Monday 3 May and the temporary ‘interim permit’ system introduced last year will be reinstated.
Free parking on campus will end in May
Follow the guidance if you’re working on campus and need a permit. Existing interim permits will be reinstated automatically.
For colleagues planning their commute to campus, we’re enhancing active travel provisions, giving advice on the public transport options available in Leeds and offering individual travel planning, where required. Head to the commuting and travel to campus webpage to learn more about your options.
Parking on campus
As we continue to follow the Government’s roadmap out of lockdown, free parking on campus during core hours will end on Monday 3 May and the new temporary permit – established in August 2020 – will be reinstated.
Key changes to parking for staff
- Free parking during core hours (7am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) will end at 7am on Monday 3 May. Free staff parking outside of these core hours will continue as usual.
- All staff who are required to work on campus and would like to park will need to either hold an interim parking permit, or book in advance for day parking from £5.25 per day. You can apply for an interim permit or book day parking on the ParkIT webpage. Please note, to access the ParkIT website off campus, you need to log in via the Virtual Windows Desktop.
- All historic annual permits remain suspended, and payments won’t be restarted. However, existing interim permits will be reinstated automatically.
- Blue Badge holders aren’t affected by these changes and will continue as usual. Please email the car parking team if you require accessibility support.
Interim parking permit
The interim parking permit was introduced in August 2020 and will remain in place for the time being once it has been reinstated on Monday 3 May.
For staff interested in obtaining a permit, please follow the information below:
- In order to obtain an interim permit, you must apply online via the ParkIT webpage. Please note, to access the ParkIT website off campus, you need to log in via the Virtual Windows Desktop.
- Everyone who applies for a permit will receive one, and all permits will be automatically allocated following completion of the application form.
- The number of applications will be continuously monitored and the allocation process reviewed if demand becomes too high. Any changes will be communicated directly to permit holders and all staff via the coronavirus website and All Staff eNews.
- All permits issued within the interim period are for this period only and won’t affect applications or be carried forward beyond this.
Interim permits cover a minimum of one month and will be automatically renewed on a monthly basis. They can be cancelled by emailing the car parking team.
Car parking charges (for interim permits)
The cost of the interim permit is based on salary and will be deducted through University payroll monthly, as detailed below:
- Salary up to £24,461 = £18pcm
- Salary £24,461.01 upwards = £25pcm
If you’re unable to apply online, then please contact you line manager or email the car parking team for assistance.
- Parking won’t be available for students during core hours (7am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
Daily parking and visitors
Day parking on campus continues and will be available from £5.25 per day along with visitor parking at a cost of £7 per day.
Further informationPosted in: University news