Sustainability Awards 2020 nominations now open
Nominations are now open for the annual Sustainability Awards.
The awards honour staff and students' sustainability work
Each year we celebrate the fantastic work of students and staff who are embedding sustainability in everything we do at Leeds, from learning and teaching to building new facilities.
Nominations for this years awards are now open online.
It doesnt matter what sustainability projects youre involved in however big or small, whether with staff or students we want to hear about it.
And this years award categories (listed below) aim to recognise the fantastic work happening throughout the University.
- Innovation award - Original and inventive problem-solving in creating sustainable solutions.
- Communication award - Effective engagement in communicating any aspect of sustainability in an accessible way.
- Collaboration award - Effective and innovative collaboration within the University, tackling sustainability issues with an interdisciplinary approach.
- Outreach award - Examples of people working beyond the University with external organisations to achieve sustainability aims through the Positive Impact Partnership. This award is also open to nominations for, and from, external organisations working with the University.
- Internationalisation award - This award recognises we are an international organisation. It celebrates innovations such as finding sustainable ways to perform international research, increasing access of international students to sustainability themes or anything that celebrates our global links as a University.
We believe sustainability should be inclusive for everyone, so we encourage applications that have inclusivity embedded within their approach. People can be nominated for multiple awards.
Nominations close on Monday 22 June. Visit the Leeds Online Surveys webpage for further information and to submit your nominations.
Posted in: University news