Staff Festival 2020 charity nominations open
Nominations have opened to select the charity for this year’s Staff Festival.
SNAPS Community Fundraising Manager, Jenny Sellers, manning the charity's stall at the 2019 Staff Festival
Please note: This year's Staff Festival has been cancelled due to the coronavirus situation. Read the latest update and information about the chosen charity.
Plans are in full swing for this years exciting instalment of the hugely popular entertainment extravaganza, with a packed programme featuring workshops, refreshments, entertainment and competitions suitable for all ages.
All colleagues, family and friends are invited to join us on campus on Friday 26 June 2020 for an enjoyable afternoon of activities, full details of which will be announced nearer the date via our dedicated webpage.
And you are also invited to nominate this year's chosen charity, which will receive the proceeds from the event.
Ralph Middlemiss and Eleena Perry (second and third from left), who benefit from services provided by SNAPS, are pictured enjoying the Staff Festival with their respective big brothers, George (far left), and Jenson (far right)
This is your chance to nominate a charity for 2020 that fits the following criteria:
- it must be officially registered, with a charity number and website
- it can't be a University charity (including LUU)
- it must have no affiliation to politics or a political party; and
- it can't be a charity that has already been used*.
A reason for nomination must be given, but please keep this to no more than 250 words. All nominations will be considered and a shortlist will be drawn up. If your nomination is shortlisted, the reason for nomination will be published. The shortlisting panels decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Nominations close at 5pm on Thursday 27 February 2020.
Nominations can be emailed to the Staff Festival team, who can also send out hard copy forms, if required.
Voting to select the winning charity from the shortlisted nominations opens on Monday 2 March 2020 and closes at 5pm on Friday 27 March 2020 (more details to follow).
* Charities to have already benefitted from Staff Festival fundraising: Special Needs and Parent Support, Pets As Therapy, Support After Rape and Sexual Violence Leeds, Simon on the Streets, Elliots Footprint, Leeds Survivor Led Crisis Service, Groundwork Leeds, Leeds Asylum Seekers Support Network, St Georges Crypt, St Gemmas Hospice, Wheatfield Hospice, Martin House, Village to Village, Yorkshire Air Ambulance, Walk4Life, The Laura Crane Trust.