Beginning the development of our post-2020 vision and strategy
You can now access a new thought piece outlining the starting point for the development of our next vision and strategy.
Before you book onto one of our What next at Leeds? sessions, download Global and National Trends in Higher Education: Challenges and Opportunities for the University of Leeds, 2020-2025 - the starting point for the development of our next strategy.
Please note: You will be prompted to login to For Staff to download the document, please use your usual University username and password.
This in-depth document summarises the work carried out by our Strategy Development Group, colleagues across campus and external subject experts, who looked at the challenges and opportunities the higher education sector is likely to face in the coming years.
It addresses key topics, including:
- trends in our academic core of student education, research and innovation and extending our international reach
- the changing world of work
- the macroeconomic environment for higher education
- the role of a 21st century university in society and in its local community
- new approaches to generating additional revenue
- how the physical and digital resources on campus should be developed for the future.
Whilst there are challenges ahead, this work also highlights the opportunities for Leeds to build on its existing successes, enabling us to strengthen our position as a top research-intensive University, both nationally and internationally.
Please note, colleagues will need to login with their usual credentials to access the thought piece.
Find out more about our vision and strategy work on our In Depth web page.
What next at Leeds?University news