Book your place on our Staff Festival workshops
Booking opens on Monday for this year’s packed programme of wonderful Staff Festival workshops!
One of the many popular workshops held during last years Staff Festival
Last years line-up was hugely popular, so colleagues are encouraged to act fast to sign-up for any of the 2019 events that require booking.
This years workshops include:
- Streamers A drop-in event running throughout the Festival (3-7pm), where children and adults can make a festival streamer choosing their favourite colours. Donations requested for this years Staff Festival chosen charity, SNAPS (Special Needs and Parent Support).
- Free-hand body artist Another drop-in event, creating beautiful and funky designs on your arms, with glitter to finish! Donations requested, as above.
- Beer tasting with Leeds Brewery Sample a selection of hand-pulled cask ales, as well as some draft brews, whilst learning how they are produced and the ingredients used. There will be a bar vibe and participants can pull their own beer, if they wish! Three sessions for a maximum of 18 adults each will take place from 3.15-4.15pm, 4.30-5.30pm and 5.45-6.45pm. The cost is £5 per person, to be booked in advance.
- Fresh flower button-hole making Drop in throughout the Festival and make your own floral creation to wear. Donations requested, as above.
- DJ School Learn how to mix your own playlist, and listen back with headphones, at this drop-in workshop. Donations requested, as above.
- Paper quilling Learn the beautiful art of quilling and leave with your own very own artwork, such as a card, hair clip or pair of earrings. Two sessions for a maximum of ten people each are on offer 3.15-4.30pm and 5.30-6.45pm. The cost is £2 per person, to be booked in advance.
- Rocket Mobile Studio Children aged 11+ can make their own string pictures to take home during the four 45-minute sessions, which can accommodate up to eight people at a time. The cost is £2 per person, to be booked in advance.
- Aromatherapy Make your own mini stress-relieving product. There are three sessions (3.15-4pm, 4.30-5.15pm and 6-6.45pm), with a maximum of 10 places per session to be booked in advance. The cost is £2 per person.
- Cocktail making Learn how to make your own cocktails with the help of staff from Liquor Lab. Three sessions will take place (3-4pm, 4.15-5.15pm and 5.30-6.30pm) and places must be pre-booked, with a maximum of 10 participants per session. The cost is £10 per session, to be booked in advance.
To ensure there is equal access to booking, we will not be using the on-line store this year. Instead you must visit the LOGIK Centre (with the relevant fee) between Monday 17 June and noon on Thursday 27 June to sign up. But dont delay as these sessions fill up fast. Email the Staff Festival team for further information.
Excitement is building for this years instalment of the hugely popular Staff Festival.
A packed programme is close to being finalised, also featuring food and drink, fairground rides, stalls and live music for all ages.
All colleagues, family and friends are invited to join us on campus from 3-7pm on Friday 28 June 2019 for what promises to be a hugely entertaining afternoon of activities and attractions.
Following feedback from last years event, were pleased to announce the dodgems will be making a welcome return alongside the ever-popular Ferris wheel. And among the exciting new attractions for 2019 will be inflatable climbing, a surf simulator, Sumo suits, a gladiator game and a giant version of Hungry Hippos!
Children will be entertained by a miniature railway, ride-on cars, a bouncy castle, face painters and candyfloss, as well as arts and crafts from the Rocket Mobile Studio.
Mouth-watering food and drink stalls will be selling a tempting range of tasty treats, including a hog roast, desserts, pancakes, pretzels, brownies, olives, fish and chips, curry, ice cream, cocktails, gin, beer and West African cuisine. Tasty vegetarian and vegan options will also be available.
Live entertainment will also take place on the Festival stage, with the full line-up of acts listed on the Staff Festival webpage.
The Festival will take place in and around the Refectory, University Precinct and University Road. Disabled access will be available throughout the site.
And dont forget to donate a prize for the charity tombola stall. Brand new and sealed items should be delivered to the LOGIK Centre no later than Wednesday 19 June. All proceeds go to this years chosen charity, SNAPS.
See the Staff Festival webpage for future updates.