Celebrating excellent customer service
Commercial and Campus Support Services (CCSS) are celebrating being awarded a national accreditation.
Customer Service Excellence® is a Government standard that recognises an organisation's commitment to putting customers first.
CCSS comprising of Security, Sport and Physical Activity, Cleaning, Catering, Conferencing and Events, Print & Copy Bureau and Mailroom, as well as Facilities Support Services is vital to supporting our institution and students.
It was particularly praised by the accreditation assessor for achieving eight Compliance Plus awards the most ever received by any first-time participating organisation.
CCSS has an absolute commitment and aspiration that anyone who comes into contact with the services it delivers will receive an excellent and memorable customer experience. This accreditation was chosen as it offered an opportunity to further enhance a structured approach to customer service and to independently test the quality of delivery.
Stewart Ross, Director of CCSS, said: I am delighted we have achieved this important accreditation for six of the large professional services that comprise CCSS and particularly proud of the way the teams have worked together to share best practice and integrate a customer-led set of processes and systems.
Thanks to all those staff involved in undertaking the preparatory work for the assessment, which was considerable, and all in CCSS for their ongoing commitment to making a difference to the experience of our University community on a daily basis.
CCSS was praised for:
- in-depth understanding of its current and potential customers
- insight about customer groups to better understand their needs and preferences
- particular efforts to identify hard-to-reach and disadvantaged groups and individuals
- reliable and accurate methods to measure customer satisfaction
- analysing and publicising satisfaction levels of its customers
- policies and procedures that support the right of all customers to expect excellent levels of service
- arrangements with other providers and partners to offer and supply co-ordinated services; and
- developing co-ordinated working arrangements with partners that ensure customers have clear lines of accountability for quality of service.