USS pension consultation: Watch the information session and have your say
Watch the information session from 20 September 2018, given by independent pension experts Mercer to university colleagues on the USS pension scheme.
The session covers how the USS pension currently works, the proposals for change that are being consulted on and an understanding of the views held by different groups.
The 40 minute video is split into sections so you can select the part of the presentation that is most relevant to you. After pressing play, click on the i button on the bottom right to select your section.
Dont forget to have your say before 2 November 2018
If youre a USS pension member, a member representative or a prospective member, the consultation is your chance to have a say on proposals, including:
- the removal of the employer match
- the change to contributions as a result of the cost sharing proposals
- how the increase in contributions is phased up to April 2020
- alternative or additional proposals that you think could also address the challenges identified in the 2017 valuation.
To find out more and submit your response to the consultation, visit the consultation website.
(The consultation is now closed.)
- Download a copy of the presentation from 20 September 2018
- Visit the USS pension consultation website