Bragg Centre for Materials Research membership announcement
Applications are being invited for membership of the Bragg Centre for Materials Research.
Leeds academic staff or PhD/Masters students, whose research and interests align with the vision of the Centre, can apply for free membership.
The Centre aims to discover, create, characterise and exploit materials engineered at the atomic and molecular level.
It brings together scientists and engineers to work from fundamental and blue-sky research to industrial innovation.
The Centre supports a highly interdisciplinary and international community, which has at its heart collaboration with industry and other universities to deliver new scientific insights and impact, and to attract and retain some of the worlds best researchers in materials science.
It is underpinned by an excellent suite of advanced experimental facilities, many of which are unique to Leeds.
The Centre is also host to the Universitys involvement with the UKs Henry Royce Institute for Advanced Materials, of which Leeds was a founder member.
Research themes are:
- Analytical Science
- Electronic, Photonic and Magnetic Materials
- Functional Surfaces
- Multiscale Materials; and
- Soft Matter.
Centre membership provides a range of excellent opportunities, including the chance to:
- build a professional profile and be associated with an internationally-renowned materials research centre
- network, collaborate and socialise with materials researchers from all Faculties involved in the Centre
- contribute to setting the strategic direction of the Bragg Centre for the benefit of its members, including involvement in decisions on future support infrastructure, equipment and facilities
- have access to dedicated Bragg Centre research and innovation support, as well as communications support to promote and translate research to fellow academics and stakeholders
- access the Bragg Centres network, spanning business, government and academia
- be directly invited to Centre events meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences
- receive updates about recent publications, funding and employment opportunities
- apply for Bragg funding for interdisciplinary PhDs and other research projects and related activities, when available; and
- enhance personal development through training, knowledge and skills sharing.
See the Bragg Centre In Depth page for application criteria, membership categories, terms and conditions and details of how to apply.
Email the Bragg Centre if you would like further information, or are not a University member of staff or postgraduate student and would like to know how you can still get involved.