Supporting staff who are carers
Carers Leeds is offering confidential one-to-one appointments for staff later this month.
Free 30-minute sessions are available at 10am, 10.40am and 11.20am on Thursday 17 May for staff caring for a family member or friend who has an illness, disability or substance misuse problem.
The aim of these appointments is to provide a wide range of practical advice, support and information, including:
- carer benefits and allowances
- access to sitting services, respite and carers breaks
- carers assessments
- opportunities for carers to support each other and a range of Carers Support Groups
- looking after your wellbeing as a carer
- transport; and
- equipment and support for the cared-for person.
Feedback received from those using the Carers Leeds service has been extremely positive, with support to access services, offers of help to complete forms and home visits, as well as the opportunity to be fully listened to, supported and understood. There is also further information on support for staff with caring responsibilities.
Anyone interested should contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to book appointments on a first come, first served basis.
Posted in: University news