Screaming out for University playwrights
University staff and students are being sought to write one-minute plays to be performed on stage.
Write a one-minute play for the chance to see it performed live on stage
MADE IN LEEDS is the year-long programme of events celebrating artists and companies developed and supported by the public contemporary performance space on campus run by stage@leeds.
As part of this, stage@leeds is teaming up with Screaming Media Productions to offer five staff or students the opportunity to have a one-minute play performed live on stage by the Gi60 company on 31 May, as part of the UK leg of Gi60 2018.
Plays will be chosen by the stage@leeds selection panel in the UK and New York, and each of the chosen authors will receive a pair of free tickets to the UK live performance.
The rules are:
- plays must not last longer than 60 seconds
- all work must be totally original and the author's own work
- plays must not have been previously produced
- do not submit plays submitted to Gi60 in the past for consideration
- all submissions must be sent by email and must include your name, address and location before the title of your work on the same page (the title of the play should appear in the subject line of the email)
- include the play as part of the body text of the message in the format above, as well as an attachment in RTF (rich text format) or Word format; and
- do not send PDF documents as these will not be considered.
You may submit as many one-minute plays as you wish but please only include one submission per email. Send each play submission with the title in the subject line, as mentioned above.
The deadline for submissions for Gi60: MADE IN LEEDS is noon on 1 May 2018.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Gi60: MADE IN LEEDS in the subject line. Copyright remains with the author.
Posted in: University news