New resource page for international colleagues
Support for international colleagues at the University has been enhanced with the launch of a new information service.
As an international University with an outward-looking approach, Leeds is determined to attract and welcome staff and students from across the world and does its best to support them when they are here.
To this end, the University offers a range of practical measures to support all staff with queries or concerns on immigration matters.
Now, a new resource page has been created on the Universitys HR page to explain what help is available.
Topics covered include:
- supporting staff moving to the UK through Relocate@Leeds, the dedicated website for international staff
- group legal briefing sessions, led by Emma Brooksbank and her colleagues at Freeths Solicitors
- individual consultations with an external immigration adviser
- preferential rates for legal advice from Freeths Solicitors
- financial support; and
- evidence of employment earnings in a To whom it may concern letter.
There are also useful links to updates about Brexit contained on the For Staff website, together with full listings of free-to-attend information sessions on this subject, delivered by Freeths Solicitors.Posted in: University newsBrexit