Leeds to New York Student Leadership Programme 2017
The 15 undergraduate students chosen for the leadership programme have set off for New York, ready to take part in 7 days of workshops and events.
They will work and learn alongside our alumni, academics and leadership development organisation, Common Purpose, in a 7-day structured programme of intensive workshops and events, designed to help them explore some of the challenges facing leaders in the business, community and cultural sectors of the city.
The students will then compare these challenges to the ones found in Leeds.
They will be introduced to a specific challenge and will be working on this throughout the programme.
The programme will highly benefit the students involved, giving them the opportunity to:
- work with senior business leaders and Leeds alumni
- develop their knowledge and understanding of some of the key issues faced by business leaders in Leeds and New York
- be supported by a Leeds Alumni Mentor in New York
- gain an understanding of how to lead and bring about change
- enhance CVs by adding a valuable and unique international experience
- be financially supported by the Footsteps Fund which will cover the education programme, flights and accommodation.
The progress of the students can be followed on Twitter, using the hashtag #LeedsToNewYork.
For more information about the programme, please visit the Leeds to New York webpage.
Common Purpose is a leadership development organisation that specialises in cross-boundary leadership. A not-for-profit, they run programmes in over 70 cities worldwide.Posted in: University news