Updated Risk Management of Events protocol now live
Find out more about how to run your event safely.
Key points of this protocol are:
- Events now need to be categorised as routine, minor or significant and the relevant procedure followed for each category
- The protocol follows a risk-based approach, with a light touch approach for routine and minor events, and more detail needed for significant events
- There is a simplified process to gain prior agreement for events from University departments
- For minor events, a new health and safety planning checklist helps people to think through any risks, so the event can be approved
- For significant events, a risk assessment need to be produced, signed off and approved.
Download the full protocol and its associated guidance documents from the Wellbeing, Safety and Health website.Posted in: University news