Light Night 2016 applications for projects and funding now open
Light Night, which will take place on Friday 7 October this year, is an annual multi-art form festival, which takes place on one evening at numerous venues across Leeds city centre.
It is a celebratory showcase for the huge range of diverse and thriving creative activity taking place in Leeds all year round, and gives visitors free access to art and venues that they might not normally see.
Light Night aims to:
- Introduce new audiences to visual and performance art
- Increase access for people from diverse backgrounds who would not normally attend arts events or activities
- Bring new audiences into cultural venues in the city
- Support artists and arts organisations to collaborate, show new work in new and/or unusual spaces, and develop their audiences
- Support culture, including unique creative activity and events in the city.
The Public Engagement team has some funding available (up to £400 per project) to help activities in collaboration with the University staff or students available. Please complete this form if you wish to apply for this funding. If no funding is required, please do still complete the form to ensure your activity features in the Leeds Light Night brochure.
Posted in: University news