Opera North Orchestra Camp
Opera North’s first orchestra camp is open to those aged between 10 and 18 years old and who play a musical instrument.
From Monday 22 Friday 26 August, the project will host young and enthusiastic musicians from Leeds and the wider area, offering an inclusive and stimulating experience.
Those involved will:
- Take part in instrumental activities, singing sessions, drama and movement
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Perform side-by-side with the Orchestra of Opera North.
The project is open to young people aged 10+ who play the following orchestral instruments:
- String (violin, viola, cello, double bass): beginner (grade 0-2), intermediate (grade 3-5), advanced (grade 6+)
- Woodwind (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone): intermediate (grade 3-5), advanced (grade 6+)
- Brass (horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba): intermediate (grade 3-5), advanced (grade 6+)
- Percussion: beginner+ (conditions apply, email email@example.com for more information).
Opera North Orchestra Camp provides a programme packed with fun, play, high quality experiences, and a unique opportunity to work with professional musicians of a world renowned Opera Company.
The project will take place in the Universitys School of Music and Leeds Beckett Universitys James Graham Great Hall.
Dr Karen Burland, Head of the School of Music at the University, said: All the pupils who attend Orchestra Camp are potentially the musicians of the future and we look forward to welcoming them to the School of Music and hopefully inspiring them to continue their music studies.
To receive early bird tickets, you must sign up before Thursday 30 June. The early bird prices are:
- £125 per participant
- £230 for two siblings
- £350 for three siblings.
The general sign-up deadline is Sunday 31 July.
Posted in: University news