Up to 60 funded places available at Leeds CDT
The EPSRC is funding up to 10 places on each of six MSc or PhD programmes hosted by the Faculty of Engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering hosts the following integrated MSc/PhD programmes, and each have up to 10 fully-funded places available for September 2016 entry:
- Bioenergy - deadline: 30th June 2016
- Complex Particulate Products & Processes - deadline: 4th March 2016
- Fluid Dynamics - deadline: 18th March 2016
- Integrated Tribology - deadline: 31st August 2016
- Nuclear Fission Next Generation Nuclear - deadline: 31st August 2016 or until positions filled
- Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine Innovation in Medical & Biological Engineering - Applications now closed for 2016 entry: applications for 2017 entry will open in September
CDT students are funded for four years and work in a supportive, cohort environment, creating and developing relationships between teams in Universities and forging lasting links with industry.
A number of the CDTs at Leeds have a taught component to the programme which is designed to support a range of academic backgrounds in building a strong foundation in their field before choosing a PhD project.
Students PhD research is conducted with the support of outstanding supervisors from across the University, alongside the continuation of professional development activities. These include an industrial or academic placement; workshops; courses; seminars; career training, and much more.
A degree equivalent to a UK first class honours (or a good upper second class) in science or engineering discipline.
See the Discover webpages for further information.