Leeds Inner Ring Road closed this weekend for tunnel works
The Leeds Inner Ring Road will be closed this weekend as work continues to strengthen Woodhouse Tunnel.
As part of the ongoing essential maintenance work being carried out on the Inner Ring Road A58(M), a series of complete overnight and daytime partial closures will allow work to be carried out safely:
- 7pm Friday 29 January until 8am Saturday 30 January both tunnels closed
- 8am Saturday 30 January until 7pm Saturday 30 January eastbound tunnel closed contraflow (two-way traffic) in westbound tunnel
- 7pm Saturday 30 January until 10am Sunday 31 January both tunnels closed
- 10am Sunday 31 January until 7pm Sunday 31 January eastbound tunnel closed contraflow (two-way traffic) in westbound tunnel
- 7pm Sunday 31 January until 6am Monday 1 February both tunnels closed
- 6am Monday 1 February both tunnels open as normal until 7pm.
Traffic will be diverted during the full closure periods, with signs in place redirecting road users.
Woodhouse Tunnel will continue to be closed overnight in both directions every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7pm until 6am the next morning.
Work is expected to be completed in March 2016.Posted in: University news