Multimedia tools available for students
Students can now use the University's multimedia management system, Mediasite. Please encourage your students to download the software and use it for their University work.
Students will be able to create and publish video and audio content across multiple internal and external channels.
As well as being able to watch recorded lectures via the VLE, students can now:
- upload their own content to MyMediasite
- create recordings using the Mediasite Desktop Recorder software
- share recordings via VideoLeeds.
Typical student content might include:
- student-produced presentations
- videos of practical demonstrations
- end of degree shows.
Students can also produce screencasts and narrated presentations.
You can support their use of this system by integrating multimedia activities into the curriculum. Further guidance on making the most of the system is available from Skills@Library.
There is guidance for students on how to use MyMediasite on the IT website, specifically:
- Using MyMediasite
- Installing and using the Mediasite Desktop Recorder
- Sharing content with University members
- How to publish to VideoLeeds and VideoLeeds FAQs
Please direct any questions or issues to the IT Service Desk in the first instance.
Posted in: Student education