Changes to www.leeds.ac.uk
The University’s main external website, www.leeds.ac.uk, has been re-developed and a new version of the site will be launched on Monday 12 October.
The updated version of the website is informed by extensive research and testing with user groups. It brings in several new features to improve the experience for users of our site, including prospective students, prospective staff, research partners and funders as well as current staff and students. The site has:
- responsive design to help the increasing number of users on mobile phones and tablets
- a simplified approach to navigation to work across all devices and help users understand the depth of content in the site
- improved search function
- greater visibility for events listings
- an improved campus map, accessible across devices which pulls in Googles Street View of campus;
- a new spotlight feature to help showcase in-depth research stories and investments in Leeds.
In parallel with the update to www.leeds.ac.uk, we have improved online course information for prospective students. The refreshed course information for postgraduate taught courses goes live on 8 October. Undergraduate information will be launched to coincide with the start of the UCAS cycle in spring 2016. These also benefit from an improved search, responsive design and revised content.
The online form to submit events will be unavailable from Thursday 8 October until the new site is live on Monday 12 October as part of the preparations to put the new version of the site live. All existing events will be carried over into the new site. We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause. If you have an urgent change to listings, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted in: University news