water@leeds photograph competition 2015
The water@leeds photograph competition is back for its fourth year. This year, University staff, students and alumni can submit their photographs via Twitter.
water@leeds photograph competition 2014 overall winner: 'Humber Bridge' by Sami Tarsuslugil
This years categories are:
- Water in Yorkshire: Leeds was a popular category last year. This year, water@leeds has opened the category up across Yorkshire to coincide with the Tour de Yorkshire
- Water and Infrastructure: This diverse category which could range from pipes and drainage, to sewage works and wooden water wheels
- By the Seaside: This can be anywhere by the sea. From Blackpool with its iconic tower to the long golden sands of Morocco
- Water and Nature: A popular category from last year. This can include wildlife, flowers and landscapes
- Water in the City: Share images from home cities or from a visit somewhere warmer
- water@leeds Research: This category is exclusive to water@leeds members to share photographs from their fieldwork or other trips.
To enter, tweet your image and the image title using the hashtag #waterphotos2015. Complete the entry form on the water@leeds website, making sure you have read the terms and conditions and that your photo adheres to the rules of entry.
The image which receives the most favourites (on the original tweet) will be the overall winner. A winner and runner up will be selected based on the number of favourites in each of the six categories.
water@leeds photographcompetition 2014 Nature category winner: 'Water Networked' by Lawrie Phipps
The overall winning image will become the banner image on the @wateratleeds Twitter to publicise the winners work and photography skills, and the winner will also receive official water@leeds merchandise.
Category winners will all receive water@leeds merchandise and the water@leeds Research category winner will receive a book.
To view last years winning images, visit here.
Posted in: University news