Register now for the RIS 2014 conference
Book early to secure your place at the 2014 Research and Innovation Support Conference: Increasing Knowledge and Opportunity.
This years Research and Innovation Support Conference, Increasing Knowledge and Opportunity, takes place on Tuesday 2 December 2014.
The Conference will provide an important opportunity for research and innovation professionals to engage with the new University Strategic Plan. The keynote speakers are:
- Dr Malcolm Skingle, Director of Academic Liaison at GlaxoSmithKline
- Professor Paul Stewart, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Health
Held at Weetwood Hall, the conference will offer a choice of twelve break-out sessions covering a wide diversity of topics such as:
- the role of PGR students in delivering the research agenda
- the strategic initiatives underpinning the 2014:2020 Strategic Plan from a central and faculty perspective, and how we can work together to deliver them
- what academics want from research support professionals
- developing medicines through collaboration
- harnessing research networks to deliver strategy
- managing risk in research; open innovation and creative thinking techniques and clinical trials.
Research and innovation
For further information, including details of the parallel sessions, please see the conference flyer.
Please book early to secure your place (£30 per person). To book a place, please complete the on-line form.
Bookings should be made no later than 31 October 2014. Please contact Lucy Kear with any queries.