EPSRC Photo Competition now open
Following the success of last year's competition, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) has launched the EPSRC Photo Competition for 2014.
The competition is open to all EPSRC-supported researchers and EPSRC-supported doctoral students.
Submissions are required to show research in action. The photos should show the benefits and success of UK engineering and physical science.
Contestants can choose to photograph five different styles that reflect their research*:
- People images of people working as part of a research team, taking part in or affect by research.
- Weird and wonderful unusual, eye-catching and bizarre images arising from research
- Discovery - Images that reflect new discoveries and understanding arising from research.
- Innovation images of research that have inspired innovation or are related to commercial breakthroughs.
- Equipment images of the equipment, facilities and tools used in research.
Entrants must submit a photograph to the EPSRC by 1 December 2014.
The overall winner will receive £500 worth of photography equipment. Winners of each category will receive £150 worth of camera equipment.
For more information, visit the EPSRC website.
*Entrants are permitted to submit the same image to a maximum of three categories.Posted in: Research and innovationUniversity news