Register now for Hands on the Future 2014
This year’s Hands on the Future event on 12 May will focus on new and recent initiatives in digital technologies for student education and research at Leeds.
The event will give you an opportunity to talk to experienced practitioners, try technology for yourself and participate in workshops and presentations. The event is open to staff and postgraduate research students at the University of Leeds.
11.00 – 12.00 - Digital technologies and the future of learning and teaching in higher education
Neil Morris, Director of Digital Learning and Professor of Educational Technology, Innovation and Change
12.00 – 15.00 - Workshops and presentations (More detail to follow)
Areas covered include:
- Lecture Capture – record yourself in a lecture theatre and see how the process will work from Lecture Theatre to VLE
- Personal Capture – get a first look at the desktop tools for personal capture available later this year
- External Channels for Sharing Content – the University now has several supported channels which enable you to share you content with audiences outside the University and which also provide rich sources of content you can reuse yourself in your teaching
- Social Media – learn more about how social media can enhance your teaching and research practice
- Going Mobile – explore the ways in which mobile technologies can enhance your teaching and research
- VLE – The Blackboard roadmap and new features coming this summer
- Copyright and Legal – support for creating digital content
- Research Impact – find out how technology can help you disseminate your research outputs
To register your interest in the event and receive further details nearer the time please email Joanne Sutherland.Posted in: Student educationUniversity news