Our health and safety champions
See the full list of the Vice-Chancellor's Health and Safety Awards 2013 winners.
l-r: Paul Fawcett, Martyn Spence, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Quentin Fisher (Team award), Sarah Burdall (Team award)
The awards were open to all students and staff members and honoured inspiration, innovation and dedication by recognising and celebrating best health and safety practice.
The winners were:
The Vice-Chancellor's personal Award for Health and Safety - Mercury Injection Facility - Wolfson Laboratories (School of Earth and Environment).
Unsung Hero - Paul Fawcett (School of Music)
Team which has made a health and safety change - Mercury Injection Facility - Wolfson Laboratories (School of Earth and Environment)
Supporting Health and Safety - Martyn Spence (Estates)
Driving Health and Safety Change - Dean, Heads of Engineering Schools and Faculty Safety Office (Faculty of Engineering)
Beacons of Good Practice
- Information Systems Services Health and Safety Team
- Catherine Wilkinson and Chris Slack (LUBS)
- Michael China - (Faculty of Engineering)
- Jaspal Mundh (Faculty of Engineering)
- Janet Tingle (Faculty of Biological Sciences)
- Julie Burns (Faculty of Medicine and Health)
Congratulations to all the winners.Posted in: University news