Dr Susan Hamer named as an inspiration in healthcare
Dr Hamer has been named as one of healthcare's 50 most 'Inspirational Women' by the Health Service Journal (HSJ).
The HSJ Inspirational Women list has been inaugurated to recognise outstanding leaders who are driving change and innovation in healthcare and influencing health policy. Women on the list have been nominated by readers of HSJ and judged by a panel of 15 sector leaders for:
- delivering outstanding leadership
- sharing knowledge and expertise with others in the sector
- acting as a role model or mentor to colleagues
- driving innovation in health service design and/or research
- shaping or influencing health policy
Alastair McLellan, editor of HSJ, said: "It was not enough [for nominees] to be influential. The judges were clear that they were looking for people who live the values they espouse - the authentic leaders."
Dr Hamer is the Organisational and Workforce Development Director at the NIHR Clinical Research Network.Posted in: University news