The Staff Festival is today – come and join in the fun!
Don’t miss out on this year’s Staff Festival taking place today in and around the Refectory, LUU building and stage@leeds.
You can taste the festival with food and market stalls open from 1pm and enjoy the full festival experience from 3-7pm. Highlights include eagles and vultures in a free-flight display, Jorvik Vikings, Morley Exotic Animal rescue, live music, food and drink, craft and food market, kids activities, and fairground games.
- Be amazed by eagles and vultures up close and in flight and learn more about these magnificent creatures in the birds of prey static and flying displays
- Get in the festival spirit with the music and rhythms of the fabulous Samba Tigers
- Meet the Jorvik Vikings, learn about how they lived and watch an exciting dramatic tussle
- Enjoy the harmonious singing of our talented colleagues in the Staff Festival Choir
- Feel the tension mount and cheer on your champions in the final of The Big Staff Festival Quiz
- Be entertained by the North Wind Tribal Belly Dancers
- Meet the animals from Morley Exotic Animal Rescue find out more about these fascinating creatures, and the important work of this organisation in caring for and educating others about a wide range of exotic animals
The festival will also include:
Workshops including Singing with Opera North, Pottery painting, Knitting, Aromatherapy and Indian head massage, Beer Tasting, Bokwa, Hula Hooping, wine tasting, stone painting, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, leaf embroidery mural, and much more.
Craft and food market - A wide range of scrumptious goodies and exquisite crafts, alongside traditional fairground stalls.
Food and drink - Tempting treats including ice cream, BBQ, Pimms Bar, strawberries and cream, hog roast, fish and chips, curries, locally brewed real ale and much more.
Green zone - Back by popular demand this years interactive green zone celebrates the festivals nature theme with even more activities for you to try including campus nature walks with the RSPB, make your own bird feeder, bird box or bug box, observation bee hive, and free seeds and tulip bulbs
Kids Zone - Great fun for children of all ages - Art and craft activities, Face Painting, Balloon modellers, Bouncy castles, Giant Wii Games Zone and treasure trail
Relaxation space - book swap/ sale, knitting corner, wellbeing and beauty treatments, free tea and coffee.
Sport contest - Meet the expert or take up the rowing or cycling challenge and be in with a chance to win great prizes.
For more information and to see the festival schedule visit the Staff Festival website.
Posted in: University news