Summer Ball preparations
Restricted access to buildings will be available on Friday 31 May, due to preparations for the LUU Summer Ball on Saturday 1 June.
- Main impact will be on Friday 31st May due to the noise of putting up the tent structures
- Between approximately 8am and midday the first structure will be erected in the Piazza area. This means access will be closed through from the Ziff building to Social Sciences
- Between approximately midday and 5pm the second structure will be erected on University square between the Riley Smith Hall and the Grass area adjacent to Beech Grove House
- During both of these times LUU stewards will be on hand to direct people. There will always be access to all buildings however it may not always be the most straight forward or easiest route through. Access will be restricted for as short a time as possible and the hours above are the worst case scenario
- Fairground rides will arrive on Thursday evening
- On Saturday access will be limited on the precinct (refectory will still be open until 2pm). From 6pm the precinct and University Road will be locked down for the event.
- On both the day of the event and Sunday 2 June the Union building will be closed
- All infrastructure from the event will be removed on Sunday 2 June.