Participants required for research studies
Participants are needed to help with various research projects in progress around the University. Could you help with any of the following?
- People with diabetes particularly Type 1 diabetes - are needed to help with research into the clarity of information and instruction provided with diabetes medicines. The research involves asking people to read the leaflet and then answering various questions using the leaflet. Participants can also suggest ways to improve the leaflet. The one-to-one interviews last around 40 minutes and each person would be paid £20. Please contact Tom Ellerton if you are able to help.
- Pregnant women particularly those whose baby is due by September 2012 are needed to help with research into the feelings and eating behaviours of pregnant women. Please contact Netalie Shloim for further information if you would be able to help.
- Females both dieting and non-dieting - are needed to assist with a study of the effect of snack foods on cognitive performance. Participants would need to attend the Institute of Psychological Sciences on two occasions in one afternoon and each person would receive £5 for taking part. Please contact Nicola Buckland if you are able to help.
- Females aged from 30 to 55 with a body mass index of at least 30 are needed to help with research into the relationship between heart function, blood vessel health and mental performance. Participants will need to attend on five occasions for a heart scan and an assessment of artery health and memory and attention. Each person will receive £50 of love2shop vouchers on completion of the study. Please contact Amy Weeks if you are able to help.
- Participants are needed to help with research into laparoscopic surgical training for trainee surgeons. Participants will be required to attend on two consecutive days and will have a chance to use real surgical training equipment. You should have normal or corrected vision, no neurological, sensory or motor impairment, and no history of upper body pain or injury. Please contact Rebekah Sutherland if you are able to help.
- Smartphone users who suffer from recurrent or chronic pain are needed to take part in a study testing the usability of mobile phone apps aimed at recording and monitoring episodes of pain. Participants will need to attend a single short session and to answer three short questionnaires. Participants will be entered into a prize draw for love2shop vouchers. Please contact Charmian Reynoldson if you are able to help.
- Men aged 18 to 30 who exercise once a week or less are needed to help with research into appetite. Participants will be required to attend on two occasions and will be given breakfast on one and lunch on the other. Please contact Arabella Clarke or Clemence Maisonneuve if you are able to help.
Posted in: Research and innovation