New library website - all change on Monday 23 January!
After a year in development and testing, and with the invaluable assistance of 2,000 University staff and students, the new Library website will be launched on Monday 23rd January.
The aim was to create a dynamic, attractive site with improved architecture, navigation and usability, up-to-date, relevant content and redesigned to better meet the needs of our users.
So, what's new?
- Quick links to major databases ('Find articles') in Essentials on the homepage
- A single page ('Can't find it'), listing all the options for locating publications not held by the Library and a quick link to Document Supply in Essentials on the homepage
- Updated 'support for teaching' information, bringing together help and services offered by the Library, including VLE reading lists tool, online course readings, Skills@Library lecturer resources and Special Collections information
- A quick link to reading lists on the homepage
- A quick link to referencing help on the homepage
- One click to Researcher@Library - bringing together University and external support for the whole research process, including White Rose Research Online
- Revamped Special Collections pages, with new 'Treasures' and 'Leeds Lives' sections, illuminating the richness of our unique collections
- Clearer opening hours
The catalogue search box and library account is still on the homepage, and much of the previous help and subject information is still in the site, but re-written to be clearer and more succinct.
VLE links and bookmarks
If you have bookmarked links into the library website, or created links from the VLE, they might not work from 23 January. The most popular links will have a redirect to the new page, but otherwise you will get a 'page not found' message, with some suggestions of where the page you're looking for might be. To help with the transition, there is a 'where are they now?' help page saying where key pages have moved to.
If you have any problems finding what you need on the new website, try the improved 'Search Library website' at the top right, or the site map, or contact library enquiries who will be happy to help.