The Leeds Summat Gathering 2011 at LUU
The Leeds Summat Gathering 2011 will take place on Saturday 26 November from 9am onwards at Leeds University Union and Notre Dame College in Leeds.
The day will start at 10am with a Question Time style panel chaired by Harry Gration and including Hilary Benn MP, Lord Maurice Glasman, Gerald Jennings of Land Securities, trainee human right barrister Maryam Mir, and poet Rommi Smith.
It's a free, all-day event for people from all walks of life across Leeds and the North - to get connected, be inspired, and join in action to change the world. Building on the success of the first Summat in 2009, the packed programme features special guest speakers and performers, workshops, food, music, arts, film, conversation.
- Business beyond Money'
- Can Capitalism help to Develop Community?
- Companies that Change the World: Transforming Capitalism from within
- 5 Speakers, 5 Sectors, 1 Aim: Positive Action, hosted by Green Drinks Leeds + People Profit Planet
- Food and Social Enterprise, featuring Dave Barrie (co-founder of the People's Supermarket)
- From Words to Actions, hosted by Mike Chitty
Read more about the Leeds Summat Gathering and book a place.Posted in: University news