Engaged research-led teaching workshop
A workshop aimed at academics with responsibility for teaching programmes has been organised by the Leeds University Business School on Friday 14 October. There are only two days left to register.
The event is designed for academic directors of teaching programmes. It will showcase the added dimension of stakeholder engagement to the research-led teaching agenda.
The workshop format will provide opportunities for sharing practices of engaged-research-led teaching, discussing strategies for incorporating them into undergraduate and postgraduate curricula, considering how staff may be supported in developing this dimension of their teaching, and hearing from thought-leaders in the field.
Outline Conference Programme:
- Speaker 1 - Rachel Ashworth, Cardiff Business School on innovative practice acting as a stimulant to subsequent small group work
- Roundtable discussion on sharing information on research-led teaching experience
- Plenary discussion - to elicit key themes with emphasis on engaged research
- Speaker 2 - David Buchanan, Cranfield University School of Management on 'The challenge of managing the whole process from research to teaching and back again'
- Plenary discussion on strategies for incorporating research-led teaching into curricula
The workshop is free to attend.
The deadline for registering for the workshop is Friday 7 October. To register, please email Steph Abraham, Business Development Manager, Leeds University Business School.
Please indicate any special dietary or access requirements.Posted in: Student education