International Women's Day 2011
A series of events will be taking place around the University in early March to mark the centenary of International Women’s Day on 8 March.
International Women's Day has become a global day of recognition and celebration, observed by organisations and governments around the world. It is now an official holiday in 27 countries, marked by thousands of events throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate their achievements.
The University is playing a part in the celebration through a programme of events including:
- The LOGIK Centre Amazing Women Award - 8 March, 12.30-1.30pm, Staff Centre Lounge. Nominations to be received by 25 February
- The Staff Centre Creative Talents Exhibition - 8 March, 10am-3pm, Staff Centre Lounge. Entries to be received by 25 February
- Women's Health Information - 8 March, 10am-4pm, The Edge
- Tea at 3: Women of Courage in Nursing - 9 March, 3pm, Third floor lounge, School of Healthcare, Baines Wing
- Feminist Archive North exhibition - 10 March, 10am-5pm, Brotherton Room, Special Collections, Floor 4, Brotherton Library
Places at some of these events must be booked in advance. For more information about these and other events, see the full programme.Posted in: University news