Reducing carbon emissions over Christmas
The University of Leeds has made a commitment to reduce carbon emissions by 35% by the year 2020. Please could you help by reducing wasted energy?
Before you leave the University for the Christmas break could you:
- Turn off any tea point water boilers, electric heaters etc.
- Turn off computers, chargers, photocopiers, faxes, printers etc.
- Turn off lights including those in common areas such as toilets.
- If possible use the break to defrost fridges and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
If you have any concerns over turning equipment off please contact either Robert Bradley (email@example.com) or Adele White (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Estate Services.Posted in: University news