Announcing: Postgraduate Researcher Conference
Announcing: The first Annual University of Leeds Postgraduate Researcher Conference
Tuesday 14th December 2010 Conference Auditorium and Roger Stevens Building University of Leeds
'Celebrating Excellence in Postgraduate Research'
The University of Leeds Postgraduate Researcher Conference will be an annual showcase of postgraduate research and a celebration of the significant contribution postgraduate researchers make to the research profile of the University.
The conference will aim to:
- Celebrate the success of postgraduate research
- Provide a showcase of postgraduate research
- Engage the academic community across disciplines
The conference will have the following components:
- The University of Leeds Postgraduate Researcher of the Year 2010 competition (Posters of nominees research will be displayed on the day) - £1000 1st prize, £500 runner-up
- Parallel sessions of postgraduate researcher presentations - Best presentation prizes: 1st £300, 2nd £200, 3rd £100.
- High profile keynote plenary speakers
- Postgraduate Research Image of the Year 2010 competition - Present an image of your research - Prizes 1st £300, 2nd £200, 3rd £100.
- Arts and cultures exposition - details to follow later
Details of the criteria and deadlines for entry to each competition are available from the conference website http://www.leeds.ac.uk/rtd/pgrconference.html
The academic community of the University are invited to attend as a member of the audience to hear the research presentations and view the posters and images. Bookings for attendees will open in October. Details will be posted on the conference website soon.
Conference enquiries: Joanne Sutherland email@example.comPosted in: Research and innovation