Institute for Transport Studies
We are recruiting for our next study, with data collection on May 2023. The study aims to understand how the lighting of the driving environment and distracting activities affect drivers’ driving an
The study will take approximately 120 minutes, including a practice and debrief session. As a thank you for your participation; you will receive £40 upon completion of the study. However, we would first like to ask you to complete this quick questionnaire to check if you are eligible to participate.
All participants need to:
- Be aged between 60 and 75 years old
- Have a valid UK driving license for at least three years
- Be regular drivers, driving at least once a week
- Have at least 5000 annual mileage driven
- Have normal or corrected to normal vision
- Be between 5’ 0” and 6’ 6” tall (152-198 cm)
- Not be pregnant ·
- Not use any cardioactive medications, such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, or antihypertensives
- Not suffer from claustrophobia, severe motion sickness, feelings of disorientation, serious mobility problems affecting the back, knees and hips.
If you are eligible, we will send you an email with further information about the experiment. If you are not eligible on this occasion, you will be invited to sign up for future studies.
Thank you for your time, and we hope to see you at the simulator soon.
The Driving Simulator Team
- Contact: Dr Ibrahim Ozturk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ethical approval reference number: ETHICS AREA FREC 2023-0446-395
- Closing date for participants: 02 June 2023