Institute for Transport Studies
We're looking for participants for an experiment at the Driving Simulator. It will take approximately 60 minutes in total, and as a thank you for giving your time you'll receive £20.
We’re now recruiting for our next research study, titled “Modelling driver behaviour in built-up areas: How do drivers behave in urban driving interactions?” (ETHICS #AREA 22-270), with data collection starting in November 2022.
The study aims to understand everyday driving in urban/built-up areas. The study will take approximately 60 minutes, including a practice and debrief session. As a thank you for your participation; you will receive £20 upon completion of the study.
All participants need to:
- Have a valid UK driving license for at least three years
- Be regular drivers, driving at least once a week
- Have normal or corrected to normal vision
- Be between 5’ 0” and 6’ 6” tall (152-198 cm)
- Not be pregnant
- Not use any cardioactive medications, such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, or antihypertensives
- Not suffer from claustrophobia, severe motion sickness, feelings of disorientation, serious mobility problems affecting the back, knees and hips.
If you’re interested in participating in our research study, please respond to this online interest form. Participating in this survey doesn’t mean you’re bound to provide data for our research. Once you fill out the interest form, we will send you an email with further information about the experiment. If you’re not eligible on this occasion, you’ll be invited to sign up for future studies.
Thank you for your time, and we hope to see you at the simulator soon. Kind regards, The Simulator Team
- Contact: Aravinda Ramakrishnan Srinivasan - A.R.Srinivasan@leeds.ac.uk
- Ethical approval reference number: ETHICS #AREA 2022-270-131
- Closing date for participants: 25 November 2022