School of Biomedical Sciences
Vascular responses to exercise: the interaction between age and gender.
We are looking for male and female participants aged 45 60 for a study to determine whether interval cycle exercise training conducted using repeated bouts of exercise interspersed with recovery periods is better for improving vascular health than continuous relatively easy exercise.
We are seeking healthy sedentary individuals, who are non-smokers and that have no known cardiovascular disease to volunteer for 4 weeks of exercise training with 2 laboratory based exercise sessions per week.
You will benefit from:
- A FREE health assessment of your blood vessels
- A FREE 4-week supervised cycle exercise training program
- You would be helping with research into improving cardiovascular health using exercise
You will be invited to:
- Visit the department on two occasions for baseline assessments of your health and blood vessels
- Take part in a 4-week cycle exercise training program
If you are interested in participating and would like further information, please contact Gemma Lyall via email or telephone at 0113 343 1669.
- Contact: Dr Gemma K. Lyall, G.K.Lyall@leeds.ac.uk, 0113 343 1669
- Ethical approval reference number: BIOSCI15-008
- Closing date for participants: 31 March 2019