School of Healthcare
aMIgO Peer Mentoring study: have you got what it takes to become a volunteer peer mentor for over 55s living with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee?
Are you living with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee? Are you interested in being trained to learn how to support others living with the same condition? Could you spare 1-2 hours per week (over 8 weeks) to be a volunteer peer mentor?
We are carrying out a National Institute for Health Research funded study to explore whether volunteer peer mentors who have osteoarthritis of the hip or knee could support other individuals with osteoarthritis by providing them with support visits at home for up to 8 weeks.
We would like to recruit volunteers to help us with this study so contact us if you are interested and:
- you are someone who is managing to live with your osteoarthritis of the hip or knee;
- you live in or close to Leeds and can travel within Leeds;
- you are 55 years or older;
- you would like to receive training to be a peer mentor to someone who requires more support with managing their osteoarthritis.
- Contact: Please contact Esther Dusabe-Richards via:firstname.lastname@example.org (x 37554)
- Ethical approval reference number: 219573
- Closing date for participants: 30 August 2018