School of Biomedical Sciences
Vascular responses to exercise: the interaction between age and gender.
We are looking for male and female participants aged 45 60 for a study to determine whether interval cycle exercise training, conducted using repeated bouts of exercise interspersed with recovery periods is better for improving vascular health than continuous relatively easy exercise.
We are seeking healthy sedentary individuals, who are non-smokers and that have no known cardiovascular or respiratory disease to volunteer for 4 weeks of exercise training with 2 laboratory based exercise sessions per week.
You will benefit from:
- A FREE health assessment of your blood vessels
- A FREE 4-week supervised cycle exercise training program.
You would be helping with research into improving cardiovascular health using exercise.
You will be invited to:
- Visit the department on two occasions for baseline assessments of your health and blood vessels
- Take part in a 4-week cycle exercise training program.
If you are interested in participating and would like further information, please contact Gemma Lyall.
- Contact: Gemma Lyall: email@example.com 0113 3431669
- Ethical approval reference number: BIOSCI15-008
- Closing date for participants: 30 September 2018