School of Psychology
The Human Appetite Research Unit (within the School of Psychology) is looking for female volunteers to take part in a clinical trial investigating the effects of a supervised weight loss meal plan.
We are looking for females who are:
- Aged between 18-55 years
- In good general health with a body mass index between 28-34.9 kg/m²
- Not currently enrolled in a weight loss programme
- Willing to eat commercially available food products provided during the study.
Benefits of taking part?
- £100 in Love2shop or Amazon vouchers
- Free food for the duration of the study
- Detailed information about yourself (metabolism, body composition, etc.)
- Personalised guidance from a dietitian each week.
The study involves:
- 1 Screening visit (45-60 mins)
- 3 Measures weeks: wear 2 activity monitors, and record your food intake and body weight
- 3 Measures days: body composition, metabolism, blood pressure, questionnaires, blood sample, breakfast and lunch (5-6 hours)
- Weekly meetings with a dietitian (until you reach 5% weight loss or up to 12 weeks): discuss your progress, measure your body weight and collect your food (30 mins).
If you are interested in taking part, please complete a brief online screening questionnaire surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DIVA-screen and a researcher will contact you shortly.
- Contact: The DIVA research team: Kristine, Pauline & Nuno Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0113 3431403
- Ethical approval reference number: PSC-238; 10-01-2018
- Closing date for participants: 31 August 2018