Leeds Institute of Rheumatic & Musculoskeletal Medicine
The Osteoarthritis Group, Leeds Institute of Rheumatic & Musculoskeletal Medicine (LIRMM) would like to highlight the PROMOTE trial to University of Leeds staff.
The PROMOTE study will investigate whether Methotrexate is an effective treatment for reducing pain in people with knee osteoarthritis (OA) compared to a placebo. A form of imaging called magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) will also be used to examine whether methotrexate reduces inflammation within the OA joint.
The eligibility criteria that need to be taken into consideration when thinking about participation in the PROMOTE study:
- No history of Gout
- Knee pain must be the predominant pain condition
- Pain on most days over the last 3 months
- There is a 12 month commitment to the study participants must have the and capacity to take time off work for visits
- Alcohol intake should be no more than recommended weekly amount: 14 units for women and 21 units for men
- Contact: Angela Nauth PROMOTE Trial Recruitment Officer on 0113 392 4965 or OAtrials@leeds.ac.uk
- Ethical approval reference number: 13/YH/0279
- Closing date for participants: 31 March 2016