Institute of Psychological Sciences
We are looking for individuals to act as controls in a new study which is looking at cognitive performance (memory, attention) in people with Cystic Fibrosis.
We are looking for healthy individuals to act as controls in a new study which is looking at cognitive performance (memory, attention and executive function e.g. problem solving abilities) in people with Cystic Fibrosis.
Participants will be asked to attend the Institute of Psychological Sciences on one occasion. The test session will last no longer than 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
The test session will require you to:
- complete some questionnaires
- have your blood glucose measured once using a diabetic kit
- have your carbon monoxide level measured once using a Bedfont Micro+ advance package Smokerlyzer
- complete a series of tests of mental performance (memory, attention, recognition, reaction time).
At the end of the test session you will receive a £10 Love2Shop Voucher and your travel expenses reimbursed up to the value of £10.
In order to participate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 16-55 years old
- In good health
- Not be taking any regular medication (excluding the pill)
- Not have any known impaired glucose tolerance or be diabetic
- Not be pregnant, or have been pregnant within the past 6 months
- Have an adequate comprehension of English (written and verbal)
If you meet the above criteria and would like express your interest to participate or have any questions about the study, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to match you appropriately to a patient with Cystic Fibrosis, you will be asked your age, gender, education level (e.g. GCSE/O level, A Level, Degree etc). We are looking for people with various levels of education, who are aged between 16 and 55 years old. However, there is the possibility that you will not be an appropriate match to a patient with Cystic Fibrosis and will not be recruited to the study.
- Contact: Helen Chadwick - email@example.com - 0113 343 2275
- Ethical approval reference number: 13/YH/0219 (22/08/2013) - NHS Approval
- Closing date for participants: 31 March 2016