CIRCLE - School of Sociology and Social Policy
Do you have sight and hearing problems? Are you aged over 60? Do you use assistive equipment or technology at home? If so, CIRCLE would like to hear from you.
The Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities (CIRCLE) is carrying out research, funded by the charity Sense, into the role of equipment and technology in supporting people with dual sensory impairment to live independently at home.
The researchers would visit you at home to talk to you about your life, the technology you use and anything else that is important to you.
Please get in touch if you:
- live in Leeds, elsewhere in West Yorkshire, Manchester, or elsewhere in the North West
- are over the age of 60
- have issues with sight and hearing
- use a piece of equipment or technology at home that:
- helps keep you safe, for example a pendant alarm, fall detector or a flashing beacon
- helps you keep in touch with other people, for example a screen reader, text phone or specific apps on a mobile phone
- reminds you to do something, such as vibrating alerts, pill dispenser or talking clocks.
Contact Emma Koivunen on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 34 39212 for more information. Even if you cant answer yes to every question please get in touch, you might still be able to contribute!
- Contact: Emma Koivunen - email@example.com or 0113 343 9212
- Ethical approval reference number: AREA13-155
- Closing date for participants: 31 January 2015